The Katahdin Chamber of Commerce aims to support the businesses in our community. As a benefit to our members, we help by getting the word out to desirable, potential applicants to fill their open positions. If you are looking to live and work in the Katahdin Region, this is the place to look.
Bangor Savings Bank Bangor Support Associate
Provides superior customer service by responding to high volume telephone and/or email inquiries, requests and issues and proactively addressing customer inquiries/concerns Researches and resolves problems and errors by taking ownership and following through to resolution. Actively expands existing customer relationships by identifying needs and cross selling products and services in both an inbound and outbound call environment. Adheres to Critical Staffing Plan when necessary.
Sales and Servicing
- Provides customers with information regarding products and services, rates, service charges and fees as well as other relevant information
- Looks for additional opportunities to assist customers based on their needs
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding all deposit products and services as well as basic consumer loan products
- Understands business partner relationships and refers to other team members in accordance with Bank strategy
- Demonstrates ability to handle routine service issues independently, consults with appropriate staff for advanced problem resolution
- Answers written and telephone inquiries from customers concerning bank services
- May participate in the following proactive calling efforts; which may include, but is not limited to: New Customer On-Boarding, Overdraft Usage Counseling, Specialized Calling Projects, and Suspicious Debit Card Activity
- Works in conjunction with Bangor Support Leadership to decision fee rebates and waivers for customers
Senior Bangor Support Associate additional responsibilities
- Provides more complex Online Banking support
- Reviews and makes decisions on Online Banking Applications submitted by customers
- Facilitates daily Department Connect meetings
- Makes exceptions on Debit Cards including limits and usage restrictions
- Assists in new hire education by providing on the job training
- Provides more advanced support of new products including new deposit accounts and new loan support
- Acts as liaison for customers to provide first-call resolution by coordinating and following up with other departments or lines of business as appropriate
- Communicates with customers routinely via e-mail & chat
Compliance and Control
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of Bank policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provides information on suspicious customer activity or identity theft to appropriate parties
- Maintains flexibility with both work duties and assigned scheduling.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges.
- Initiative – Takes action; operates as a pro-active self starter; acts on opportunities to improve.
- Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward, honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad with professionalism.
- Interpersonal Skills – Has excellent listening skills.
- Productivity – Manages time well, handles information flow well, accepts accountability.
- Teamwork – Promotes a team atmosphere, selflessly pitches in, shares information, partners well with others, willingly assists co-workers and shares responsibilities.
- High School diploma required.
- Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism during challenging calls.
- Self motivated and open to new challenges.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and resolving customer issues/concerns
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements
- General office environment
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.
At Bangor Savings, we understand the importance of continuing to nurture an internal culture of excellence for each of our employees. We offer internal and external training to assist our employees in realizing their career aspirations including internships, lateral training, management training, and tuition reimbursement.
We also offer a unique set of benefits designed to support our employees in living their best life and achieving their goals. Our holistic health and wellness programs allows each employee to customize their approach to well-being. And our pay, rewards, recognition, and incentive programs ensure that they are well-compensated for a job well-done.
At Bangor Savings Bank, the work our employees do each and every day allows us to deliver on our promise to make a difference in the lives of people in New England in a way that really matters.
Bangor Savings Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or any other class protected under state or federal law and affirmatively seeks to advance the principals of equal employment opportunity. In addition, the Bank is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified persons with disability, veterans, and/or disabled veterans. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination, this application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. This application will remain active for a period of 90 days. If, after such time, you still wish to be considered for employment, you must reapply. Bangor Savings Bank does provide workers compensation coverage for employees injured on the job. It is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
MML Library Director
Millinocket Memorial Library
The mission of the Millinocket Memorial Library (MML) is to enrich lives by building community,
inspiring imaginations, and empowering individuals through lifelong learning. As a key partner in the
Katahdin Region of Maine, the library brings organizations together to create new programs and
services that support a thriving community for all. This is not your traditional library; from circulating
free outdoor gear, to coordinating mutual aid and transportation, we are continually innovating to meet
the unique needs of our community. Library employees are stewards of an essential community space
and resource hub. As a workplace, we value respectful and transparent communication, partnership,
MML is a 501c3 nonprofit corporation with a current annual operating budget of $130,000. It is
supported by four staff and a dedicated team of volunteers. Phase I of a $1.5M renovation was
completed in 2020, and a second capital campaign is anticipated. The library is governed by a Board
of Directors and funded through a combination of operating revenue, grants and donations, and
support from the Town of Millinocket.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Library Director is responsible for developing and supporting a library that is responsive to the
needs of the community. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director manages the strategic
direction, operations, budget, services, technology, facilities, staff, and collections of the library. Duties
● Coordinate services that support the library’s mission and reflect the needs of the community
● Maintain library collections and materials including books, media, computer programs, and
● Supervise the purchase, utilization, and maintenance of technology to deliver, monitor, and
enhance library services
● Manage library finances to insure the long term financial stability of the library
● Identify, pursue, and support all fundraising efforts through grant-writing, planned giving, an
anticipated Phase II Capital Campaign, and an annual appeal
● Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and volunteers
● Assign duties, define staff responsibilities, and administer wages
● Establish productive and inclusive culture among library personnel
● Oversee all aspects of the library facility, grounds, and equipment
● Supervise contract services and maintenance personnel
● Provide leadership and direction for major development projects including construction and
renovation of facilities
Planning and Policy-Making
● Develop long and short term plans and implement processes to support the library’s mission
● Ensure that policies and practices are in place for program operations, personnel and fiscal
Board of Directors
● Provide detailed reports on library operations and development to the Board of Directors and
the Millinocket Town Council
● Serve as ex officio member on Board committees
● Provide professional expertise and guidance to the Board
● Formulate and recommend policies to the Board and implement approved procedures
The position will also include other duties requested by the Board of Directors or that are essential to
ensuring that the library provides the best possible library service to the community. The Library
Director will be evaluated by the Board annually.
The Library Director should value community and staff engagement, collaboration and library
innovation, and have a passion for the current and future role of libraries. The ideal candidate will
exhibit and model transparency, fiscal responsibility, collaborative leadership skills, and public
engagement as critical values.
Skills, Qualities, and Experience
● 3-5+ years of library or nonprofit experience, some at the administrative level,
including staff supervision
● Ambitious leader with a relentless desire to improve the community
● Flexible, comfortable learning while doing
● Self-motivated; excellent independent judgment and ability to problem-solve
● Able to manage a wide variety and great number of demands in a short timeframe
● Current knowledge of innovative programs, services, and resources in libraries
● Grant-writing and fundraising experience
● Experience making strategic, data-driven decisions, keeping accurate financial records, and
managing a budget
● Strong digital skills
● Demonstrated ability to partner with other organizations and creatively leverage resources
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to give public presentations, facilitate
meetings, and advocate for the library in a variety of settings
● MLS or MLIS preferred; will consider equivalent combination of education and experience
Compensation for the position will be based on qualifications, and range from $43,000 – $60,000 per
year. The position is full time, salaried and includes a generous benefits package.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references
to Interim Library Director, Diana Furukawa (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline to apply is November 5, 2021.
Millinocket Program Manager – Northern Forest Center
Friends of Katahdin Woods & Waters: Administrative Associate
The Administrative Associate works as part of a small, dynamic, and fast-growing team of board, staff, partners, and volunteers to ensure organizational excellence for Friends of Katahdin Woods and Waters. The position provides administrative support to guarantee effective systems for organizational teams. See the link below for full job description.
North Country Rivers – White Water Rafting Guides
We encourage all individuals that are interested in our 2021 Guide Training to download and fill-out the North Country Rivers application and the Registered Maine Whitewater Guide Application. You can email, mail or fax the applications to North Country Rivers.
New England Outdoor Center – Employment Opportunities
Our team at the New England Outdoor Center is hard-working, devoted, and passionate about the outdoors. We are interested in hearing from people with a background in the outdoors, hospitality, and customer service. A strong work ethic and a desire for a career in the Katahdin Region are also important qualities that are shared by all of our employees.
Millinocket Memorial Library – Partnerships and Programs Coordinator
The Partnerships and Programs Coordinator will work with our partners to deliver our existing programs and services, such as Mobilize Katahdin and the Katahdin Gear Library. Through innovation and collaboration, they will create new initiatives that advance the library in areas of children’s services, technology, and community engagement, in alignment with regional community development strategies.
Millinocket Memorial Library – Patron Services Specialist
The Patron Services Specialist will oversee the daily operations of the circulation desk, providing basic library services, offering technical assistance, sharing information and resources, and setting a welcoming tone in the space. Working with other team members, they will hone and develop systems that streamline circulation desk functioning and the patron experience.
Campground Site Assistant – Big Eddy
The Chewonki Big Eddy Campground Site Assistant provides assistance to the Site Manager in overseeing Big Eddy Campground and ensures that the facility is operated in a fashion that meets all Chewonki standards for safety, quality of service, and sustainability.
Firefighter/Advanced EMT or Paramedic – Millinocket Fire Department
The Millinocket Fire Department is currently accepting applications for (1) Full-Time Firefighter/Advanced EMT or Paramedic.
Katadhin Inn & Suites – House Keeper and Laundry (Part-time)
Day’s Welding and Construction / Full-time
- We are hiring a skilled carpenter & laborers.
- Full time positions.
- You will be home every night.
- Stop by the office located at 71 Town Road, Medway, Maine 04460 to fill out an application.
Camp Host Couple – Pine Grove Campground and Cottages
We are looking for a happy couple who would like to live in Maine this summer.
This job is part-time and includes cleaning, lawn work, and some office work, compensation is a free water/electric RV site with free utilities.
Baxter State Park – Open Positions
KFI – Full Time
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in someone’s life?
DSP’s at KFI provide support to adults with intellectual, developmental and physical disabilities to live rich and fulfilling lives of their own choosing!
For more information call Peggy at 723-9466 or apply on-line at
Millinocket Regional Hospital – Career Opportunities
Deputy Director – Friends of Baxter State Park
Friends of Baxter State Park seeks a full-time Deputy Director to join our small, thriving nonprofit working on behalf of Maine’s most beloved wilderness area. The Deputy Director will play a pivotal role in a rapidly growing organization, working at all levels to help achieve continued success.
Whitewater Raft Guide Training