The Town of Millinocket is now accepting applications for two FULL TIME Police Officers for the Town of Millinocket.
Minimum qualifications are as follows:
- at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have successfully completed Alert test
- Completion of 200 hour pre-service preferred
- Academy graduates preferred
Final hiring may be subject to successful completion of Oral Interview, Physical Examination, Physical Agility Test, Drug Screen, Polygraph and Psychological Examination.
Applications may be picked up at the Town Office. Applications/resumes for applicants will be accepted until noon time, July 16th, 2018. Applications must be submitted either in or by mail to:
Lori A. Santerre
Human Resource Director
Town of Millinocket
197 Penobscot Avenue
Millinocket, ME 04462
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Education and Engagement Coordinator
Friends of Katahdin Woods & Waters (Friends) has a FULL TIME salaried position available.
The Education and Engagement Coordinator works as part of a small but dynamic team of staff and volunteers to ensure educational activities, events, and other programs are developed, managed, and resourced for excellent results. The position is responsible for managing and working with the people and organizations of the Katahdin Region to build, sustain, and enhance the Katahdin Learning Project, Friends community events, and other projects that support Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.
This position works under the supervision of Friends’ Executive Director.
- Strong commitment to public lands, outdoor and place-based education, as well as the natural, recreational, and cultural features of the Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and growing outdoor educational K-12 programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and organization.
- Team player who can work independently as well.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work evenings and weekends when projects demand it.
- Familiarity with event planning and management.
- Experience working with the National Park Service preferred.
Education Duties and Responsibilities (60%)
- Develop and share knowledge and understanding of Maine’s Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument and surrounding communities.
- Develop short and long-term educational program plans for the Katahdin Learning Project and place-based education initiatives.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with Katahdin Region schools and youth community organizations to increase the breadth and depth of participation in the Katahdin Learning Project.
- Coordinate educational opportunities and resources for school teachers and administrators to engage in place-based learning activities, including leading planning and execution of workshops, conferences, and trainings for area teachers.
- Collect data and/or conduct surveys on all areas of program activities for evaluation of the effectiveness of education initiatives and programs.
- Design, write, and edit educational brochures, reports, web content, and other materials for publication and distribution.
- Establish policies, procedures, and curriculum for implementation as applicable to the program.
- Explore and develop extra-curricular activities, internships, and other learning opportunities for youth of the Katahdin Region, including potential collaborations with other organizations.
- Promote the Katahdin Learning Project to the Katahdin Region community through presentations, earned media, newsletters, and meetings.
Community Engagement Duties and Responsibilities (25%)
- Represent Friends at community events, meetings, and efforts to advance the communities of the Katahdin Region.
- Collaborate with partner organizations, including NPS and Elliotsville Plantation Inc., to cultivate a core of volunteers to further the work of Friends and advance the monument.
- Lead, through collaboration with staff and community members, planning and execution of annual Friends events, including but not limited to the Anniversary Celebration, Stars Over Katahdin, and Head North Ski Days.
- Ensure a Friends’ presence at community events, including but not limited to the Fiddlers and Fiddleheads Festival, Trails End Festival, and the Millinocket Marathon.
- Engage local Friends members in activities to promote, improve, and advance the monument and surrounding communities.
Additional Duties (15%)
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with NPS staff through regular communication, clear roles, and accountability.
- Provide logistical support for area NPS operations such as regional Visitor Contact Centers, NPS administrative offices, and other projects.
- Work with Friends staff in creating and implementing other communications materials, including writing and editing.
- Assist in membership and fundraising activities to leverage resources to advance the mission of Friends.
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Location and Travel
This position is based in the Katahdin Region, however, travel to other locations within Maine is an occasional requirement of this job. Applicants must maintain a reliable car and valid driver’s license.
Hours and Benefits
Health and earned-time benefits are offered to all Friends employees. This is a salaried full-time position with some work on nights and weekends required. Flexible scheduling is possible. We aim to have our Education and Engagement Coordinator start by August 2018.
For priority consideration, please send an application by July 6, 2018, that includes a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and references to email@example.com. Please use “Education Coordinator” as the subject. We will accept applications until the position is filled. No phones call, please.
Friends of Katahdin Woods and Waters is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment against persons based on color, race, religion, age, ability, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or marital status.
Millinocket Regional Hospital has an immediate opening for a PART TIME speech-language pathologist.
Master’s degree with CCC and eligible for state of Maine lincensure are required. Ability to do modified barium swallowing studies and able to perform all other SLP evaluating/assessing/treating for an assortment of diagnoses. We are looking for a flexible self-motivated individual who can assist in further developing the speech and language program that services the Katahdin Region and beyond. The successful candidate will be a part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team and must be able to work alone and with other professionals.
This is a part time position: 16-24 hours per week, varied, flexible, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Competitive wage and benefit package including:
- Paid time off
- Health and Dental insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer match
Qualified candidates, please apply online or submit resume and letter of interest to:
VP of Human Resources
Millinocket Regional Hospital
200 Somerset St.
Millinocket, ME 04462
Certified PSSs/PCAs or CNAs desiring PSS/PCA work
R&C In-Home Care has immediate openings for certified PSSs/PCAs or CNAs desiring PSS/PCA work.
Positions currently available in Lincoln, Mattawamkeag, Medway, East Millinocket, Millinocket, Benedicta, Patten/Mt.Chase, Sherman, Island Falls, Lee, Howland and Greenbush. Also serving Milo/Brownville and Lagrange area.
PSS/PCA certificate a plus, but not initially required.
For more info, call Elisa Curtis at (207) 746-0039
Dead River Company has a FULL TIME position open at the Millinocket location for an experienced mechanic
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing our fleet of diesel delivery vehicles and gasoline powered service vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have:
- min. of 1 year experience as a mechanic
- experience with diesel engines and electrical repairs
- a valid Maine State Inspection License
- class B driver’s license with a Hazmat endorsement
- the ability to weld and service petroleum meters is a plus
- able to work with little supervision
- a focus on Safety!
Dead River Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including 401(k) plan with company match, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, STD, LTD, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, education assistance for employees and their children, and discounts on our products. Additionally, Dead River Company promotes community involvement by offering a generous volunteerism benefit.
If you have a strong interest in working for a company with a long history of stability and growth, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, call (207) 723-5151 or stop in to complete an application at
Dead River Company
Attn: Marty Grant
795 Central St.
Millinocket, ME 04462
Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Specialist
Health Access Network has an opening for a FULL TIME EMR Specialist.
The EMR Specialist is responsible for assisting the EMR department and entire organization with various tasks and projects. Serves as the EMR help desk and provides EMR training to staff. Clinical experience and knowledge preferred. Must be competent with computers and EMR systems.
Please visit www.hanfqhc.org for more information regarding employment opportunities.
Forward a resume & cover letter to:
Sonia Maxwell, HR Director
P.O. Box 99, Lincoln, ME 04457
F.A. PEABODY INSURANCE
DATA PROCESSOR / CUSTOMER SERVICE
Immediate opening in the Houlton office. Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
BIG MOOSE INN
SEASONAL KITCHEN HELP
We are currently looking to hire an individual to join our kitchen crew. This is a 20-40 hour a week position. Must be willing and able to work in a fast pace environment and maintain a positive and helpful attitude. Includes line cook duties for pub fare as well as salad and dessert prepping. Call 207-723-8391 or email for applications and more info.
The National Park Foundation, in partnership with the Katahdin Woods and Waters National Monument, is seeking a 3-year community planner to assist with the development of a management plan for this new unit of the National Park Service.
Contact for more information.
Northeast Whitewater Application: www.northeastwhitewater.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/employment-application.pdf
REGISTERED MAINE RECREATION GUIDES
Lead canoe, UTV, Hikes and SUP trips
Recreation Guide Training Course available April 15 – 17: www.northeastwhitewater.com/programs/registered-maine-guide-school/
REGISTERED MAINE WHITEWATER RAFTING GUIDES
Level 1 and Level 2 Raft Guides
Guided Rafting trips on the Penobscot and Kennebec Rivers
Maine Whitewater Raft Guide Training for both Level I and Level 2 Rafting Guides license available May 26 – June 5: www.northeastwhitewater.com/programs/whitewater-guide-training/
NORTH COUNTRY RIVERS
Employment Application Form: www.northcountryrivers.com/maine-adventure-vacation-jobs-employment.htm
REGISTERED MAINE WHITEWATER GUIDES
Level 1 and Level 2 Guides
Penobscot, Kennebec and Dead Rivers of Maine
White Water Guide Training & Certification Available (May 17-28, 2015) www.northcountryrivers.com/maine-rafting-guide-training-course.htm
NEW ENGLAND OUTDOOR CENTER
Interested Applicants can email or call (207) 723-5438 and ask to speak with Ailish.
NAHMAKANTA LAKE CAMPS
JACK OF ALL TRADES
Nahmakanta Lake Wilderness Camps is looking for a “Jack of all Trades” to help for the months of May through October at their remote wilderness camps. Must be able to do light carpentry repairs, mow lawns, rake, paint, split firewood, clean cabins and do dishes. For more information call: 207-731-8888
KATAHDIN INN & SUITES
PART TIME HELP
Katahdin Inn and Suites is hiring a Part-Time Desk Clerk and Housekeeper. Inquire Within at 740 Central Street in Millinocket.
KATAHDIN GENERAL STORE
Stop by for an application 160 Bates Street, Millinocket.