Millinocket Marathon and HalfPosted on November 09, 2018
Registration for the Marathon and Half has closed, and there are currently 2626 runners coming to Millinocket on December 8th, 2018. For more information about what’s happening from Friday, Dec. 7th through Saturday, Dec. 8th, and Sunday, Dec. 9th, check the Marathon and Half Facebook page. For specific events, check the Chamber Calendar of Events. For housing and ride share possibilities, check Millinocket Rooming and Rides.
Whether you’re running, cheering and supporting, or just want to support Millinocket, there will be lots to do and see. Check out the Craft Fair, the meals, the dance…be a part of it all!
Download the DISCOVER KATAHDIN App to find information while you’re on the go!
MARATHON DETAILS (from the Crow Athletics WebPage)
**IMPORTANT** 2018 BUS UPDATE!
FREE bus transportation TO and FROM Stearns High School ONLY from 8:00am to 4:30pm. more info here
Stearns High School, 199 State St, Millinocket, Maine 04462
(please use these provided buses and DO NOT attempt to park near the race start. Using these buses will allow us to grow our event and show appreciation to this generous community for making them available. Keep in mind the race is FREE!
Bib Number Pickup & Artisan Fair (see listing below); December 7 & 8, 2018. Stearns High School, 199 State St, Millinocket, Maine 04462
- Friday, Dec 7th – from 12 noon to 8:00pm
- Saturday, Dec 8th – (RACE DAY) from 7:30am to 4:00pm (come shop for after race goodies!)
As we all know this event was created solely to help the town & people of Millinocket, and the entire Katahdin region. It was never our intention for the town or region to have to do anything for us… Well, as we also know it’s not how real Mainer’s roll and the entire region is both excited and energized! With that said, there are many, many dinners, activities and other things planned. PLEASE please patronize all of these events: (Note: keep checking here for more updates and additions to race weekend!)
Drop Off places:
Millinocket Memorial Library Open for Gently Used Clothes Drop Off, Friday, Dec. 7th and Saturday, Dec. 8th.
Drop In Benefit —Moose Drop In has MM Rubber bracelets to support the local schools. Also, drop off New Toys, Food , Clothing, and Pet Supplies for local pets and families in need.
Fuel Up Friday at Moose Prints Gallery with some tasty carbs, and purchase raffle tickets through the weekend for a “Birches in Fall” canvas wrap by Mark Picard to benefit Millinocket Memorial Library. Coffee and apple cider available on Sunday morning, 9 – 12.
In the Park–Love Meat Tender Food Truck
Santa in the Park Information Booth–hot chocolate, baked goods, raffle, and runner and visitor information.
Katahdin General–at 135 Penobscot Ave., snacks and goods
North Light Gallery–Raffle for Charity with Live Painters, Fuel Up Friday, Pie and Ice Cream. Friday, Dec. 7, 4:00pm. Saturday, 9:00am – 4:00pm, and Sunday hours too.Proceeds to benefit local food insecurity
Fundraiser for Ashton–at designlab, 135 Penobscot Ave.
Mini Golf to benefit Millinocket Memorial Library, at the Gear Hub, 96 Penobscot Avenue, Friday, 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Gracie’s Aunt’s Emporium, 555 Central St., Millinocket–Friday, December 7, 9:00am – 2:00pm; Saturday, December 8, 10:00am – 4:00pm…Gifts galore, special sales and a drawing. Stop in a support this local business on your way to the Marathon.
Moose Drop In, 242 Penobscot Ave.
Katahdin Woods & Water NM Visitor Center, 200 Penobscot Ave.
Roots 2 Remedies, 112 Penobscot Ave.
Millinocket Elks Millinocket Elks Lodge 1521 located right around the corner from the start/finish area is generously OPENING at noon on race day as a warming area and they will be preparing yummy food for sale in their concession area!
- Dec 7, 2018 – Spaghetti OR Pancake Dinner; 4:00 – 7:00pm – American Legion Riders Post #80, 970 Central Street, Millinocket, Maine 04462 : Details HERE Tickets HERE
- Dec 7, 2018 – The Millinocket Marathon & Half Variety Show; 6:30pm – Walker Auditorium at Stearns High School, 199 State St, Millinocket, Maine 04462
Details: Come and enjoy a night of music and dance before the big race! This promises to be an event for all ages!! Donations are Welcome! All proceeds benefit the Millinocket Performing Arts Boosters
- Dec 7, 2018 – Third Annual HWYRT Crankle 2K; 7:00pm to 8:00pm – Blue Ox Saloon, 61 Penobscot Ave, Millinocket Maine 04462
(note: HWYRT strongly encourages a $10.00 donation which will go to Bragdon Energy Service for their home heating oil donation program.)
Details & Sign up HERE.
- Dec 7, 2018 – So This Is Fitness LIVE Podcast;
Time TBA During Bib Number pickup at Stearns High School, 199 State St, Millinocket, Maine Millinocket, Maine 04462
- Dec 7 & 8, 2018 – Bib number pickup & Artisan Fair;
Friday, Dec 7th – 12 noon to 8:00pm
- Saturday, Dec 8th – (RACE DAY) 7:30am to 4:00pm – Stearns High School, 199 State St, Millinocket, Maine 04462 – HERE
- Dec 8, 2018 – Marathon Breakfast; 6:00am to 11:00am – Northern Timber Cruisers, Millinocket Lake Road, Millinocket Maine 04462. (note: this venue is located on the race route!) – HERE
- Dec 8, 2018 – The 1st Annual FREE Millinocket Marathon Kids Run will start at 9:15AM sharp on Dec 8 between the logging trucks! FREE registration starts at 8:45am near the bonfire. See you all there for a lot of adorable! #KidsRunMillinocket!
- Dec 8, 2018 – Millinocket Marathon and Half 10:00 AM, Half starts at 10:10. See more information below.
- Dec 8, 2018 – Dance Millinocket featuring band SHYBOY! doors at 7:00pm, rocks at 8:00pm until !!! – Elks Club, 213 Aroostook Ave, Millinocket Maine 04462. Advance tickets are highly recommended. (last year this event sold out!) Send $10 per ticket via PayPal to: morrisonKM9@gmail.com
PLUS .. Hamburgers, hotdogs, chili, pizza and bake sale for purchase!
’Run all-day and shake everything all-night!!’
(your name and the number of tickets your purchased will be on the VIP reservation list at the door!)
- Dec 8, 2018 – Live Music, After Party;
TBA – Highlands Tavern at Pamola Motor Lodge, 973 Central Street, Millinocket, Maine 04462
- Dec 8, 2018 – Ugly Sweater Party – New England Outdoor Center NEOC;
7:00pm -10:00pm – River Drivers Restaurant, 30 Twin Pines Road, Millinocket, Maine 04462
- Dec 9, 2018 –1 K Sunday Fun Day Recovery Run from 10:30 – 11:00 at Veterans Memorial Park, to benefit the Millinocket Historical Society
- Dec 9, 2018 – Celebrate Chanukah, 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Moose Shed, 237 Bates Ave. Open house to celebrate Chanuakah and the runners, and wish everyone a safe journey home, a wonderful winter season, and a happy 2019.
JUST DOWNLOAD THE FREE APP FROM DISCOVERKATAHDIN.COM TO KNOW WHAT, WHEN & WHERE THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN MILLINOCKET!!!!
(click on the marathon & half tab)
WATER STOPS: Typically these are runner driven, pop-up affairs. If you require fluids on a super rigid schedule we recommend carrying what you need, otherwise use what’s offered or even better organize a water stop with your friends!
RACE REGISTRATION: HERE
RACE DATE: Saturday December 8th, 2018
START TIME: FULL Marathon 10:00AM – HALF 10:10AM
ENTRY FEE: FREE!
START LOCATION: 33 Penobscot Ave, Millinocket ME, 04462
COURSE MAP: HERE
AREA LODGING, DINING & ACTIVITIES: HERE
NEW ENGLAND OUTDOOR CENTER LODGING: HERE
BIB NUMBER PICKUP & ARTISAN FAIR: HERE
RACE SHIRTS & BLING: HERE
- As of the 2nd edition in 2016 our race course became USATF certified, making it a Boston, NYC and Chicago Marathon qualifier.
USATF Course Certifications.
Half – ME16008JK
Full – ME16007JK
- The course is two loop circuit, half marathon is one loop, full marathon is two.
- START INFORMATIONStart/Finish Line Location – 33 Penobscot Avenue, Millinocket, Maine 04462
Marathon Start Time – 10:00AM
Half-Marathon Start Time – 10:10AM
There is no parking near the race start. Runners should leave vehicles at Stearns High School and walk or run the approximately ½-mile to the start, or use the provided buses. Dry gear/bags may be left near gazebo at the start area. Buses will run from Stearns HS to the Start Area ONLY, from 8AM-4:30PM. If you need transportation outside of that time frame or to other locations in town, call the Pamola Shuttle/Taxi, 207-731-6663.
- Runners – After you exit gravel Golden & Huber Roads at approx. Mile-6 you MUST cross the paved Lake Road/State Road and run on the LEFT side facing traffic all the way back to town. DO NOT run on the right or down the center of the road as traffic will need room to shift over to give you running space on the left.
Spectators – Only official or emergency vehicles with permits will be allowed on Golden Road after the race starts. This will be strictly enforced to help keep runners safe/separated from expected heavy spectator traffic. Spectators who wish, may drive out the paved part of the course toward Baxter State Park and turn RIGHT into Huber Road and park and walk to Golden Road to cheer on or support runners. (DO NOT turn LEFT onto the race route.)
- The race will be timed and there will be offical results. (all donated services!)
- Participants should NOT attend our event with the typical race mindset, ‘how many perks will I receive?’ instead please come run and support this town (remember nobody paid an entry fee!)
- The event won’t be supplying race shirts but the Moose Drop In has created many wonderful designs. Many other local businesses feature unique, fun and locally crafted race bling. #ShopMillinocket
- There is a pasta dinner, a craft fair/expo, bib pick up as well as an epic Saturday after party and a whole lot more in the works! This is definitely not a just run and leave event. Make plans now to come for the night or the weekend or forever works fine too
Street and Road Closures: Race Day, December 8, 2018 Penobscot Ave, from the lights at the Penobscot/Central Street intersection to Veteran’s Memorial Park from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Golden Road route traffic closed from 10:00 am to 11:30 am to all traffic. Emergency vehicle and permit holders only. Ham Radio operators will be monitoring the route.
Parking and Public Transportation: Race Day, December 8, 2018
No parking on Penobscot Ave, from the intersection to Veterans Memorial Park. Parking is allowed on side streets. There will be no parking at the former mill site.
FREE bus transportation TO and FROM Stearns High School/Race Start ONLY from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Stearns High School, 199 State St, Millinocket, Maine 04462. If you need transportation outside of that time frame or to other locations in town, call the Pamola Shuttle/Taxi, 207-731-6663.
1. Do not leave unattended bags or packages along the race route or in town.
2. There are no official medical stations along the race route. If you need medical attention, call 911.
3. To all motorists: PLEASE USE CAUTION when navigating streets with runners. Go slowly and use caution when making turns.
4. If you are running the race, please be aware there are no official water stations along the route. Be prepared.
5. Dress warmly and use common sense.
Heres a list of the crafters!
Most take credit/debit cards!
Mainely Woolyns (Lynn Beaulier)
Crocheted Creations (Nadine McGibbon)
Soulful Jewels & Creations (Sherrie Grenier)
Rosealie Wentworth homemade stuffed elephants +
Mitten Lady (Lillian LeGassey)
Feather Duster Crafts (Maureen Carmichael)
Monkey Mamas Mittens & more (Pauline Therriault)
Dakota Dreams & Montana Wishes (Lisa Richardson)
The Woodworking Guy (David Levesque)
Messier Studios (Tim Messier)
Maine Woods Crafts (Jennifer Gordon)
Sponz in the Sand (Judith Bither)
Maine Gallery & Crafts ( Laurie York)
Linda Haste (handbags, jewelry and more)
Silly Stitches (Jody Pinette)
Linda Labby ( Quilted items, glass angels and much more!)
Canaan York, Childrens author,signs, jewelry and more!)
Andreas Rocks (Andrea Paoletti)
Allagash Tails (Tim Caverly, Author)
The Laughing Llama (Nancy Carhart)
Faraway Gems & Jewels (Sandra Fayle)
Kerwin Whitney Photography (Kerwin Whitney)
Eko-banz (Diana Thomas)
Gallifreyan Farm (Tessa Flannery)
Gene Bailey (wooden spoons and cutting boards)
Crazy Crochet Lady (Amy Bernardini)
Denise Bragdon (Homemade Jellys, Jams, relish and cookies)
Maine Man Flavahs (Brian Hallett)
Eastport Sea Glass Design (Rachael Rowland)
Knitting Needles (Mary Jane DuBois) quilting and other sewing projects!
Maine Focus Photography (Roger Stevens Jr)
Mainely Coffee, LLC (Roger & Sarah Buzby)
Kims Turning Corner (Kim McNally)
Merry Moose of Maine (Steve & Lorraine Guiggey)
All About the Honey (Mark Bogue)
Two Old Hags Soap (Carla Heath)
Bad Kitty Creations (Cathy Brown & Nora Kittrick )
The Bar Harbor Bag Lady (Carrie McKay)
Judi Thompson (Penny Rugs and more
Lively Oak (Andrew & Abbie Connolly)
Pine Ridge Scents Candles & Signs (Allicca Quirion)
Lil Moose Kids (Gayle Cormier)
Be • Vi Naturals (Jessica Lundstrum)
Gould Mountain Maple (Sandra Gould)
Mountainman Minerals (Dana Foster)
Paint with Me-Laura (Laura Manzo)
Betsys, Goatmilk CBD Lotion & Soap (Betsy Lancanster)
Lynda Tedford. ( Christmas ornaments and more)
Bar Harbor Jam Co (Patrick Corson)