There are so many benefits to joining the Katahdin Area Chamber of Commerce. We invite you to become a member. We will work hard to promote and help your business to grow.
- The Chamber of Commerce operates a visitor center in Millinocket servicing thousands of visitors to the Katahdin Region year round. We have Member brochures, flyers, and promotional material available for visitors. Direct business referrals are also made for Chamber members as a result of visitor inquiries by phone, internet, social media or in person at our visitor center.
- The Chamber of Commerce website services approximately 6,000 visitors monthly. As a member, your business receives a listing on the official Chamber website including an email and website link. You also have the opportunity to advertise special travel packages in conjunction with other Chamber members on our website. Additional paid banner advertising opportunities also exist for enhanced website listings for Chamber members only.
- As a Chamber member, you are encouraged to attend Quarterly Membership Dinner meetings in March, June, September, and December. This is a great networking opportunity as well as learning opportunity when meeting other Chamber members at these events.
- All Chamber members are invited to participate in the Chamber Bucks program that encourages local residents and Chamber members to shop locally.
- As a Chamber member, you are encouraged to participate in Chamber sponsored events including Winterfest, 4th of July festivities, Trails End Festival, and Christmas in Katahdin.
- The Chamber of Commerce has an affiliation with The Maine Highlands, Maine State Chamber of Commerce, Maine Tourism Association, Maine Snowmobile Association and Snowmobile Trail White Board System.
Additional advertising opportunities with the Katahdin Area Chamber of Commerce are also available including:
- Katahdin Area Snowmobile Trail Map – 12,000 trail maps are produced and are available locally at Chamber member locations, the two visitor centers and mailed to prospective visitors that request it via phone or website.
- Katahdin Area Visitor Guide – Visitor Guides are available at the visitor centers in Millinocket and Medway as well as the seven visitor centers located throughout the State of Maine. The Visitor Guide is mailed to prospective visitors that request it by phone or via our website. Your business receives a free advertising listing in the Katahdin Region Official Visitor Guide. Additional paid advertising opportunities within the Visitors Guide are also available.
- Maine Invites You – a visitors guide to Maine’s travel and tourism industry offers reduced prices on coop ads in this major publication.
MEMBER MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES
Website Advertising – In addition to the basic business listing that all members receive with their membership, there are a variety of online advertising opportunities for members.
Banner Ad – Photo (and minimal text) that links directly to your business’ website. Banner ads are located on each page of the website, including the homepage, and rotate positions. This is a prime location that offers maximum exposure for your business.
Enhanced Listings – A 250-word description + photo + 3 bullet points highlighting what sets your business apart from others. This listing includes business name, phone number, email and link to your website.
Premium Position – This is an enhanced listing with a premium position at the top of a designated page.
Katahdin Area Snowmobile Trail Map – You company logo and info will be published on the snowmobile trail maps that are available locally at Chamber member locations, the two visitor centers, and are also mailed to prospective visitors who request them.
Maine Invites You – A co-op between KACC and the Maine Office of Tourism allows Chamber members to purchase ads in the Maine’s Official Travel Planner at a reduced rate. This publication reaches over 300,000 people via it’s printed guide and even more through its online download.
Event Sponsorship – Create goodwill and name recognition by partnering at our special events.
Opportunities that are available at no additional charge.
Facebook – We will promote your business and events on our Facebook page, which gets thousands of hits per week.
Events Calendar – Have your event listed on the Events Calendar on our website. It’s a great resource for locals and visitors, alike!
Brochure Display – Prominent display of business brochures, flyers and promotional materials in the Chamber Office in Millinocket and Visitor’s Kiosk in Medway. These locations service thousands of visitors to the Katahdin Region.
Mass Email – Each member is entitled to one mass emailing a month to promote their business to the membership.
Ribbon Cutting, Media Releases, Resource Materials – The KACC will assist you in promoting your business through any of these opportunities.