Become A Member!
Click here to download a membership form with member information on dues and marketing opportunities!
On behalf of the Katahdin Area Chamber of Commerce, you are cordially invited to consider the many benefits of Chamber Membership:
- The Chamber of Commerce operates a visitor's center in Millinocket servicing thousands of visitors to the Katahdin Region. Member brochures, flyers and promotional material are available to visitors. Direct business referrals are also made for Chamber members as a result of visitor inquiries by phone, internet, social media or when stopping at the visitor center.
- The Chamber of Commerce website services approximately 6,000 visitors monthly. As a member, your business receives a listing on the official Chamber website including an email and website link. You also have the opportunity to advertise special travel packages in conjunction with other Chamber members on our website. Additional paid banner advertising opportunities also exist for enhanced website listings for Chamber members only.
- As a Chamber member you are encouraged to attend Quarterly Membership Dinner meetings in March, June, September and December. This is a great networking opportunity as well as learning opportunity when meeting other Chamber members at these events.
- All Chamber members are invited to participate in the Chamber Bucks program that encourages local residents and Chamber members to shop locally.
- As a Chamber member, you are encouraged to participate in Chamber sponsored events including Winterfest, 4th of July festivities, Taste of Katahdin, Wooden Canoe Festival and Christmas in Katahdin.
- The Chamber of Commerce has affiliation with The Maine Highlands, Maine State Chamber of Commerce, Maine Tourism Association, Maine Snowmobile Association and Snowmobile Trail White Board System.
Additional advertising opportunities with the Katahdin Area Chamber of Commerce are also available including:
- Katahdin Area Snowmobile Trail Map - 12,000 trail maps are produced and are available locally at Chamber member locations, the two visitor centers and mailed to prospective visitors that request it via phone or website.
- Katahdin Area Visitor Guide - Visitor's Guides are available at the visitor centers in Millinocket and Medway as well as the seven visitor centers located throughout the State of Maine. The Visitor Guide is mailed to prospective visitors that request it by phone or via our website. Your business receives a free advertising listing in the Katahdin Region Official Visitor Guide. Additional paid advertising opportunities within the Visitors Guide are also available.
- Maine Invites You - a visitors guide to Maine’s travel and tourism industry offers reduced prices on coop ads in this major publication.